Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random Shots...

...with "Shots" being both figurative and literal (photographic) in this case.

What a great day I had today with Claire. We ended up stranded, just the two of us, at my parents' new home waiting for the AT&T installer to hook up their new TV and internet service. She is the sweetest little thing and she behaves much differently (read: better) when Carter isn't around. We were "stranded" when I forgot to swap keys with Sarah which caused he to take off with the keys to the Odyssey, so the two of us hung out and Susie Q. (one of the nicknames for Sarah's mom) came to the rescue and ended up picking up Carter from F.U.M.P.S. and then brought him, and the keys, over to us.

Anyway, since I'm off until Dec. 1st (yeah, I know!), Sarah has picked up extra shifts at the hospital. It's a trade-off that works for us since it provides Sarah with a chance to do something she loves, namely nursing, and it gives me the chance to spend time with the kids and get work done at home, although I don't even want to talk about my writing and the work on the sprinklers in the backyard.

I got home a few hours ago from my folks'--my mom took the kids and me to dinner for the help we provided today--with both kids asleep and watched some Discovery HD programs I've been meaning to get around to (mostly fishing, outdoors and science stuff). Now I'm writing this while listening to a program about near death experiences (NDEs) which I have always been fascinated with and continue to study, although my understanding has changed a lot over the years. I should post some ideas about it sometime, but I suppose that might be more appropriate for my other blog, one which I don't post on very often, and that deals more with spirituality and science.

Anyhow, here are some random shots I found in Picasa that I never posted or printed and don't want to disappear into the void. I figure if I at least upload them to the net via Picasa, they'll be out there in the ether somewhere and I'll be able to sleep better at night.

Most of these are from the spring time and, you'll see, many come from a trip I took with my mother and father up to Utah to attend my cousin Christiane's wedding. Unfortunately, when our notebook computer crashed, I lost some data which I thought I had backed up on my external HDD but, as I found later, hadn't. So, this is very disjointed but some of the photos from the church's history center (I can't remember the "real" name) are worthy of a gander.

I thought all of the gleaming metal and the perspective I shot this from would make for an interesting photo:
From May 2008


I've been known to spend many an hour editing (not my blogs mind you!) and I can ONLY imagine poor Brother Gilbert:
From May 2008


I adore Native American art:
From May 2008


From May 2008


President Hinckley's corner:
From May 2008


From May 2008


Gifts he received from people around the world which I find quite touching:
From May 2008


I was suddenly accosted by a small crowd which demanded a brief yet powerful exhortation. I kindly obliged them:
From May 2008


Ever wondered what the speaker has up there? Here's an idea:
From May 2008


Sing in chillun!
From May 2008


One of my favorite paintings:
From May 2008


From May 2008


The Jazz were still in it before getting blown out in that last game against the Lakers. Arrrrggh! That brings out the Utah pirate in me!
From May 2008


These are the only shots that survived from the rest of the trip which is unfortunate because I don't have any of the bride and groom (Christiane and Jared) nor from the amazing hike we took with my Uncle Kevin, an outdoorsman after whom I'd like to pattern my outdoor activity level. It helps that he has the resplendent and mighty Rockies in his backyard.
Aunt Jill and Alissa.
From May 2008


Uncle Kevin (and Adam hobblin' in the background...ice accident...baad ice accident):
From May 2008


Hill Air Force Base (where Kevin works):
From May 2008


NOT a Cake Wreck:
From May 2008


Hey, some photos from the hike did make it, too bad those from the end of the hike where the water fall was, didn't survive:
From May 2008


Cousin Jake and my Mom:
From May 2008


La Fine

3 comments:

aprilaleman said...

So, you gave in and posted pictures for us bloggers, well I should say along with your thoughts. FYI mew still has some photos from the wedding and hike you can steal I believe. And, I thought your first photo of the escalator was beautiful, actually I was surprised you took it, kudos.

Christine said...

Danny~
I love that painting too! I have one in my house. It was my first Real church art Purchase!

c said...

Love the picture of you behind the pulpit - very natural looking!