Monday, May 14, 2007

Old Coca-Cola Ads


Hey! Just a quick post to link to this other BLOG HERE that features some really old Coke ads that I thought were cool. I am teaching a novel right now that is set during the Great Depression and every year I teach it I get this hunkering for all things American from the early 20th century. What a *romantic time period it has become although I am sure it wasn't very fun at the time.

*
2.fanciful; impractical; unrealistic: romantic ideas.
3.imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc.

2 comments:

Malpractice said...

I normally am not so picky, but in light of the previous blog topic (rubbing elbows vs. rubbing shoulders), I think it's justified.

Hankering, not hunkering.

I believe that one hunkers down when being shot at, while a hankering for double-mint gum strikes when seeing twin females wearing bikinis on roller skates.

Daniel T said...

Ah snap! He got me! Ha! How ironic after my last post. Beautiful. It's nice to know someone's reading this! Thanks.