Thursday, May 10, 2007

Jazz Step Closer to the FINALS


Man was it close! The Jazz barely tied the game in regulation and then took it to Golden State in OT, which I must admit I missed since I had to leave after regulation. I guess the most amazing story is that of Derek Fisher:

"I don't know how I got through this tonight. I really don't," said Fisher, who hit his only shot, a 3-pointer.

The win and Utah's 2-0 lead in the Western Conference semifinals were overshadowed by what Fisher did Wednesday. He had said Monday that one of his four children was ill, but did not go into detail on how serious it was other than to say he needed to be with his family instead of at the game Monday.

After the game Wednesday, he told how serious 10-month-old Tatum's condition was. She has retinoblastoma, a form of eye cancer that required a three-hour combination of surgery and chemotherapy at New York's Presbyterian Hospital.

"My daughter's doing well," Fisher said. "We had a successful operation in New York and I flew back and got off the plane and came to the game. I'm speechless."

Fisher missed most of the first three quarters, then ran straight from the tunnel onto the court late in the third period to a standing ovation and a few high-fives and hugs from teammates, as well as Golden State's Baron Davis.

"He got off the plane. He didn't warm up. He didn't stretch. He didn't shoot a shot," said Utah's Deron Williams, who had 17 points and 14 assists. "As soon as he came into the arena, he went straight to the scorers' table."

Ok, now it's time to take the show on the road. I figure we need to win at least 1/2 on the road so we can bring it home and shut the doors on GS's hopes.

No comments: