Monday, May 14, 2007

Can You Imagine?


I received an email today from my buddy Ryan who is living over in Albania right now. He told a funny, yet sad story:
"I have one funny story to tell. I have a friend in church who we are teaching to read. He is getting it but still slow. He is 19 years old. One day we asked him about some of the scars on his arm and then he went off with enough stories to for 3 full lifetimes. My favorite was when he was 12 years old; he and his father went shooting for rabbits in the mountains. He wandered of and startled a ram. The kind with the huge winding horns. The ram ran up to him and did his head butting thing and knocked my friend down to the ground! The he got up and the ram did it again! Just like you see on Discovery, up on its hind legs and a whole powerful force of ram head coming down on his body. The second blow bashed his head in and he had to go get surgery at the nearby hospital! I think that is why he has trouble reading. Have a good week."

Holy!! Seriously... Can you imagine the kind of conversational start that would be?

"What happened man?" "Oh, I got rammed by a ram?" "Wha?" "Yeah, a freakin' ram just smashed my head with it's horns, it really hurt..."

No comments: