Friday, October 17, 2008

Digital Conversion and the Ederly

As you probably know by now, on February 17, 2009 all full-power broadcast television stations in the United States will stop broadcasting on analog airwaves and begin broadcasting only in digital (click here for more info). Digital broadcasting will allow stations to offer improved picture and sound quality and additional channels. For those who have cable tv, satellite tv, IPTV (Fios, AtT U-verse, etc.) then you don't need to worry about anything, we're talking about people who are still using the rabbit ears. Anyhow, there are going to be some people left in the dust, mostly those living in poverty and older folks who are "good" with their five channels or so. I know my father-in-law, for one, is worried about "all the old ladies" and I think he might have a point. Check it out:

6 comments:

Familia Bethers said...

That had John and I laughing, but feeling guilty for laughing at such a sweet old lady!

Holly Moore said...

OOOOH, sad! That is totally my grandma. She can come to my house and watch tv. Actually, my grandparents are totally with it for being 85.

Holly Moore said...

OOOOH, sad! That is totally my grandma. She can come to my house and watch tv. Actually, my grandparents are totally with it for being 85.

aprilaleman said...

Old people and the good ole' Alemans I think you mean.

c said...

So sad and funny at the same time. That lady was so sweet. But yah, a major problem for lots out there. Can you imagine working as an online tech to lead people through such things without being able to physically be there? Augh!

The Ward Family said...

That was pretty funny. Luckily, my grandma is up on everything and got her digital converter box a couple months ago (got it with a coupon also) so she is good to go!