Thursday, June 5, 2008

Girls weekend & Daddy Day Care



Sarah and some of her girlfriends are taking off tomorrow and will be back on Saturday afternoon which means I'll be home with the kids. Although I'm not one to be "a feared" (sometimes I slip into bouts of Huck Finnesque language so excuse me if I do) of being with the chillun' a by my lonesome (there I go again), I'll be the first to admit that I am not the greatest multitasker, at least when it comes to household duties and child-care. It's ironic because I can check an email, post a blog, listen to a podcast, and watch TV all at once, but if Carter needs his bum wiped and Claire starts crying, my stress level mounts rather quickly and I wonder, sometimes aloud, how Sarah can do all of these things at once. Perhaps that's why I come home to a woman with hollow eyes and tangled hair sometimes. Ok, I take that back (gulp). Seriously though, sometimes, mostly in the past, I'd come home and see the house was a little out of shape and say something along the lines of, "Whoa...what have you been up to today?" Not only did the slap to the face teach me not to talk like that, but being home with the kids when Sarah's not around has made me realize that two kids is hard work, especially now that Claire is walking, falling, and generally wreaking havoc. Throw a precocious three year old in and you have the recipe for chaos. Actually, the kids don't really destroy the house so much, it's more the constant need they both have for attention combined with the fact that Carter often dumps an entire bin of toys in the living room and then declares, "It's too hard!" when you ask him to pick it up.

So, if you're not doing anything tomorrow and want to come by and help me with the kids or go to the mall or something, give a brotha' a call. And men, if you don't already know, women are amazing creatures with what some might call "mad skillz" when it comes to taking care of doze chillun'.

9 comments:

Jesica Eastman said...

That picture of you is hilerous! I am still laughing...

Jesica Eastman said...

That picture of you is hilerous! I am still laughing...

aprilaleman said...

Danny you are so funny. That photo cracked me up. Wish we could come by, but working. :( I love them chillun!

c said...

amen, brutha. good luck! I have the kids w/o the hubbie this weekend. church'll be fun!

The Ward Family said...

Yes I do have a new appreciation for mothers . . . now that I am one. Good luck!!

Amber Barney said...

Thanks for watching them, Danny! We had a blast and came home ready for all of the bum-wiping and toy-picker-upping that we do best!

Jennifer said...

You can say that again. Kate and Carter speak the same "It's too hard" language! Hope Sarah had fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey man how many good husband points do you get for that?

Familia Bethers said...

Picture is sweet! You are very good with words Dan. You make us LOL. You know, as far as multi-tasking goes, really it all depends on what you are interested in multi-tasking. Sorry, was that mean?? Not trying to be. I am sure if I wanted to listen to a Pod cast, watch TV, blog, talk on the phone, and listen to music all at the same time I could .... only something else will have to give :-)