Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Gorgeous Day in San Diego

My brother, Robbie, and his wife, Laura, flew to San Diego a few weekends ago to take a cruise for their belated honeymoon.  My parents planned to meet them at the airport and gave them a ride to the cruise ship.  When they found out Danny would be at work, they invited me to tag along, and I am so glad we did!  We left a dark, cloudy, Riverside and this is what we enjoyed in San Diego:



The kids ended up matching Papa & Grandma without even planning it!

We walked around Seaport Village after dropping off Rob & Laura and down by the USS Midway.  
There is a large statue called "Kissing the War Goodbye" which is an exact replica from a photo taken in the 1940s.  
Now the kids thought it was fun to play on it...


..it would have been nice though, if this sign was posted on the front of the sculpture too.

We stopped at Ben & Jerry's before coming home. Claire thoroughly enjoyed hers.  
Carter didn't because he wanted vanilla and I ordered something that had "stuff" in it too. I guess he is a purist.

No, this is not me trying to be a model, Carter is just OBSESSED with taking photos 
and he is pretty good at framing the subject and all...I think we need to get him a "real" camera
(his toy one just isn't the same)!
Thanks again Mom & Dad for such a wonderful day together!
*The font changes are really annoying in this post, but I am not sure how to change them, also, this is Sarah, but I am not sure how to change the author since it already has Daniel listed
---maybe I should stick to scrapbooking.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW you guys have been having tons of fun LATELY!!!!!! And I love Clairies (As ella calls her) bathing suit! FUN

Anne Marie said...

San Diego is one of our favorite places to go to. Glad you got a day out of gloomy Riverside! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Hope you had fun.:)

Christine said...

I always love San Diego. My sister lived there for awhile and we always found reasons to go down and visit them! So fun!

c said...

Awesome statue - I had no idea that existed. Sarah, I wish we could scrapbook together!!!

Familia Bethers said...

You all look so good! Love the model shot Sarah!