Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dan's Quick Hits v.1


Hey, just some quick things (personal anecdotes, news items, etc.) I thought I'd share:

*Sarah might get braces.

*Carter finally went pee at school!

*Claire is talking like crazy!

*The next computer you're likely to buy isn't a desktop PC or a notebook; it will be a NETbook.  A netbook is a small laptop computer that doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a standard laptop BUT you can use it to get online, burn a CD and type out your research paper or emails.  The coolest thing: they cost around $300!  I found amazing deals at reliable online retailers such as amazon.com, newegg.com and ecost.com.  Check out more details here. If you're interested in getting one but don't know which one, let me know and I'll try to help you.

*The CA budget might get passed soon and that's good news for those of us wondering if we'll still still have a job. I'm in danger of being layed off next year and the year after that.  The risk, however, is low.

*My cousin Mark gets back from Afghanistan soon.

*Sarah and I are going to NYC for 4 days/5 nights in March WITHOUT the kids!  Woo-hoo!

*My father-in-law Jeff recently helped me install a new bedroom door.  Wow, that was a lot of work!  I learned a lot thanks to his help and am excited to do more home improvement projects!

*Facebook seems to be blowin' up.  I think I've gotten more friend requests in the last month than I did in the previous three.  I don't spend a ton of time on there, but I use my phone to check in and post updates here and there.

*Sarah and I enjoyed a fun meal with our friends the Barney's last week and I saw Chris spit fire using a secret recipe from the kitchen which he kindly shared with me.  Video coming soon of my recreation of this flammable, flamboyant act.

*I have started training MMA (mixed martial arts) at a local gym.  We work on muy-thai kickboxing, boxing, jiu-jitsu (ground fighting/submissions) and wrestling.  It's fun, challenging and a bit dangerous.  I've come home bruised and humbled on more than one ocassion.


All right, that's the rundown.

8 comments:

Paul/Heather said...

to leave kids and vacation??? whos idea was that?
I am currently to scared to leave isaac with anyone....he doesnt have close family to help, kinda a bummer.
HAVE FUN!

The Ward Family said...

I'm excited for you guys to get some time away together!

Unknown said...

I can't help by laugh my butt off on the typo in the bullet point beginning with "the CA budget"... reread what you wrote to see if you can find out why I'm giggling.. haahahahhaaa..



how about "i'm in dangered of being layed...OFF..""

Marla said...

How fun, NYC! I'm sure you will have a blast (esp. w/o kids). It is always fun to be Mom and Dad but sometimes it is WONDERFUL to just be husband and wife!

Jesica Eastman said...

When are you heading to NYC?! Evan and I will be there the weekend of March 20th. That would be funny if our trips overlapped.

Kath said...

Sarah...I've been thinking about getting braces too! Do you have an orthodontist yet?

Wow, NY with now kids. Sounds fabulous! Have a great trip :)

Jennifer said...

Hey lots of great sounding stuff going on with the Todd family. Can't wait to hear about your NY trip!

Unknown said...

I had braces in high school, and thanks to wrestling season, my mouth got shredded inside like all the time. Have fun with that sarah... :(