Thursday, August 14, 2008

"My littlest sunshine"

For those of you who don't know, I absolutely love sunflowers! Santa Clause must have known since he brought me some dwarf sunflower seeds for Christmas in my stocking last year. I have to add, that Santa Clause still comes in the form of my parents. One year when my oldest brother wasn't living at home, but came home Christmas morning, he almost cried when there wasn't a stocking for him! Ever since, Santa comes to visit us twice...no complaining about that!

A couple of months ago, Carter and I planted our seeds in the area by our front window. Thanks to some good potting soil and Danny's TLC, we have sunflowers in our yard! The best part is that the first one opened on Claire's first birthday! When Carter was a baby, I made up a song called "You're my littlest sunshine...". After Claire's arrival, she became the littlest, so I found it fitting that our first sunflower opened on her birthday! I just love walking outside or coming home and seeing our sunflowers there. I have never been able to look at a sunflower and not feel happiness...that is why I love them some much...they radiate happiness and sunshine and so does our littlest sunshine, Claire!

3 comments:

Holly Moore said...

sunflowers are very cheerful! I feel that way about gerber daisies, they just look friendly.

aprilaleman said...

Very cute! I love your post.

Jennifer said...

So sweet. Isn't it awesome when our husbands do something so simple but precious to let you know that they are truly thinking of you all the time. At least enough to notice things like favorite flowers. Claire looks happy of course!