Thursday, August 14, 2008

He's really done!

I've been meaning to post a couple of weeks about Danny finally finishing his big research paper and really being DONE with his master's. He is back to work now and it so nice not to have school on top of it. The first picture is of our kitchen table the entire WEEK his paper was due. I told him no Ph.D. program until he learns not to procrastinate:)
So after his exit interview was complete and the paper turned in, the kids and I had a celebration waiting for him. Decorations courtesy of Dollar Tree. BTW, did you hear that 99 cent only is raising prices above 99 cents? It is a travesty really. I heard it on the news in a confused patient's room at work last night, so she wasn't able to commiserate with me. Really, what is the world coming to? Back on topic, the kids were excited to have our little "party" and we are all happy Danny is home more now!
Claire got her first blood nose by falling in the garage just prior to our celebration!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I cant beleive the 99cent store... what a bummer!!!!!!!!

c said...

Congrats Danny!! That's quite an accomplishment! What was your paper on?

Daniel T said...

Hey, I just posted this on your blog, but I thought I'd put it here to answer the question at the source.

So, my research looked at what constitutes teacher quality/effectiveness. The policy makers say one thing but the reality, or perception at least from the teachers, is quite different. My results basically show that building relationships combination with effective planning and instruction is what makes a teacher "good" at what they do. The state, however, says it's all about one's education, content knowledge proficiency, years in the field, etc. and how they get the students to perform on the the standardized tests. Anyway, I could go on and on about this...

aprilaleman said...

Sarah, I like that outfit with the hat on you.

Paul/Heather said...

We relate TOTALLY! This is the first school year Paul is not going back to school with all the neighbor kids... :)
luv you guys.
~heather

Jennifer said...

Congrats Dan. I always love being able to check something off a list. Especially if it is totaly consuming my every thought!!!! Your party looks fantastic. I miss those school days sometimes!