Monday, August 4, 2008

$664...for gas!


Yes, that's right..
.$664.43

That's exactly how much money we spent on gas during the month of July. We did take two trips: one to San Luis Obispo and another to San Diego, but other than that our driving was to work, to visit friends and family, and the normal day-to-day driving to run errands, shop, etc. I think it's time to attack Venezuela. Did you know it costs about $1.50 to fill up a TEN GALLON TANK in Venezuela right now?

Now, although this is difficult for us, we're not naive; we understand that we could drive less, we could stop eating out -not that we do so very often- and have more money for gas, etc. but one has to admit that compared to a year ago, gas is $&%# expensive!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The picture is fantastic Dan. I can't believe the price of gas either. One of the two of you had better get a second job if the gas bill keeps up like that. I can't man imagine what our gas bill was like after driving to Wyoming this summer!

Unknown said...

It is definately *explicit* expensive. Good thing I only work 2miles from my home. And sure, I could ride my bike and save more money AND get in shape at the same time, but who wants to show up to work tired and sweaty? No thanks.

Christine said...

This less than what we spend on gas every month without any fun trips!, For our two v-6's and man I wish we only had 1. It takes $90 to fill Josh's tank up!