Friday, April 11, 2008

My #1 Hobby



I got on to check my email and decided to post really quickly. Today was a great day. I love Fridays and all day I was in a good mood as I taught my classes because a) it's my favorite day of the week b) I couldn't wait to get home and see Sarah and the kids c) we went down to Huntington to have a "bonfire" with the family and d) tomorrow I'm going saltwater fishing off the coast in my buddy Dan's boat.

Despite the fact that I have a multitude of hobbies, I love to fish. Indeed, I was talking to Sarah before she fell asleep (I'm sitting next to the bed on the soft chair we keep in our room typing this on the notebook) and I told her, "You know, I think fishing is my number one hobby because I actually have a preset alarm in my cell phone entitled "FISHING." I don't have an alarm setting for any other hobby." I suppose it would be strange to set an alarm reminding me it's time to read a book or play a game on my Xbox.

So, fishing, here's to you! Now I better go to bed!


Even a bad day fishing (like this one) is better than a good day at work. At least that's how the saying goes. I remember this particular day, I didn't catch anything but some mosquito bites. Looking back, however, I would have gone out and tried again anyway. This photo was taken at TeaPot lake in the Uinta Mountains (2006?).

2 comments:

aprilaleman said...

Have fun tomorrow, hope you actually catch something. A true shame we weren't able to join you today. Next time gadget, next time!

Jennifer said...

You know we have salmon and halibut a plenty up here. Not to mention we are the indiginous home to the giant octopus!