Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two Trees Hike with Ryan

Last month my friend Ryan and I took a short hike just up the road (Blaine) from our house.  The trail is called "Two Trees" and I often ride my mountain bike and take short walk/runs on the lower portions.

The full Two Trees is an enjoyable 4 miler and it took us just over two hours that morning.  We didn't stay long at the top.  I'm excited to make the hike again now that it's beginning to "green up" after the rains.  Although the hills aren't huge, it provides a great sense of escape from the monotony of suburbia.



Leaving the house:

Trail head:

TONS of mountain lions in the area (sarcasm...but there are lots of coyotes):

View of UCR through the lovely smog:


There's a freshwater spring along the trail:

Impressive rock formation:

Ryan:

Don't worry, we beat up the taggers who did this to the lovely stop sign!:

"Go West young man," I said in a thick accent.

Next time we go, come along!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks super fun! Call us next time. We have a carier for Asher & Ella now. Lucky Ned.

The Ward Family said...

Someday I will get out there and hike. I love that you guys do that.