Monday, September 8, 2008

Sickness in the Todd Home and Other News

http://www.edvard-munch.com/Paintings/death/sickChild2_3.jpg
OK, I know this image is a bit melodramatic for a post about the flu, but it's a good way to announce that we're sick here in the Todd household. We all have this strange sickness that's been going around lately. Carter has seemed the least affected, probably because he doesn't slow down long enough to realize he's sick. Sarah and I both started feeling ill last week on Wednesday. I remember saying to my sister April that I felt anxious, a feeling I rarely experience and that I truly despise (I feel genuinely bad for people who suffer from anxiety). It wasn't until later that I realized it was actually a physiological thing affecting my normally rock solid gastrointestinal constitution (I pride myself, for example, on the ability to eat such foods as a cheeseburger and immediately jump on a AAA ride at Magic Mountain). The next day we both had sore throats and that dry, "stingy," feeling in our nasal passages. And then the real fun started: projectile vomiting from Claire. It always fun to clean up semi-digested milk with an assortment of small food chunks mixed in and that's exactly what I was doing as Sarah rushed Claire to the bath tub for the requisite speed bath.

Fortunately the vomiting was limited to Claire, but we're still feeling ill, well, mostly Claire and me. Other than that, everything is fine. I started my students on their narrative writing unit which is always exciting and difficult. Sarah went to the doctor for a check up today and she's in good health. Claire is beginning to talk more and is making the funniest faces. Oh, and Carter starts pre-school tomorrow at the First United Methodist Preschool (aka: FUMPS) where he'll attend two days per week until June. He's a member of the Pooh class and his teacher has been in pre-school education for forty-five years! Her assistant is an animal person and they have a seventy-five pound tortoise, a huge bearded dragon (I want to take a mouse and feed that lizard so badly) and two fire-bellied toads. I think I'm more excited about the animals than Carter. Sarah and I visited the church/school last week and were very impressed by the little campus and the people (women) who run it. We think this will be a great experience for Carter and we're excited for him to continue developing his social skills.

We hope you're all well and we pray for all of our friends and family every night. Have a great week!

1 comment:

c said...

Yuck! Being sick is so un-fun! At least it helps us realize how great it is to feel well again. Hope that comes very soon to ya'll.