Friday, September 19, 2008

San Luis Obispo Summer Trip- PART 2

This is a follow up to Part 1.

This is a great little Italian grocery and sandwhich shop where we met and ate with Jake while he was on break from work. I got in trouble for taking the photo. "NO photos please!" "Oh...sorry." "Well, it's because I'm a consultant and..yadda yadda yadda." Jake told me the owner's a bit of a freak and is always griping to her employees so I didn't feel too badly. I will say that she had a lot of really great, authentic Italian stuff and the sandwiches were amazing. In other words, I forgive her for he witchiness. (;

From San Luis Obispo II


Carter ran around while we ate. I wish I had the inclination to run around instead of stuff my face more.
From San Luis Obispo II


Why does Jake look like he's posing for a magazine here?
From San Luis Obispo II


We took the kids down to a park and Carter did his best to prove himself an albino monkey.
From San Luis Obispo II


Later that day, or the next perhaps, we went down to the beach. I went in the water but the rest of them were landlubbers. I LOVE swimming, body boarding and body surfing in the ocean. In fact, one of the main things I'd miss by moving away from the coast would be the cold water of the great Pacific.
From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II


Claire before the sand caking.
From San Luis Obispo II


Amy and Claire.
From San Luis Obispo II

Jake and Amy love the kids. Here they are holding Claire-Bear who, I might add, is an adventurous little beach goer and wants to go IN to the water. (:
From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II


Let it begin!
From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II


After getting out of the water. Sarah laughed at the size of my lips and how my freckles stand out. Also, I wore a polo shirt to the beach...I am a nerd. I messed with the colors just for kicks.
From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II


From San Luis Obispo II


The last night there we hung out at the house and Jake BBQ's amazing tri-tip and gourmet dogs. After dinner we hung out and roasted "mallows." Good times!
From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II

From San Luis Obispo II


We had a great time and look forward to heading up there again soon. Oh yeah, I never mentioned that Jake and Amy paid for Sarah and I to go to a little hot springs resort up in the hills nearby. They watched the kids and we enjoyed our own private jacuzzi/natural hot spring. It was quite romantic. No photos were taken there since clothing is optional. That's about all I have to say about that! I guess I'll find out if anyone actually got this far in the post by what's said in the comments section. (:

5 comments:

Kath said...

Love all the pictures. Claire covered in sand reminds me of Eliza at that age! Eliza also loved the ocean and I was constantly chasing her and rescuing her from the waves. What a fun trip for you guys - I especially liked the spa part (Yes, I did get that far)
Kathryn

c said...

I'm betting that there ARE pictures of the hot springs resort somewhere :) Great pictures!! Little Claire is growing up! And you, Danny, have lost some weight -well done!

aprilaleman said...

Man that place looks like sooo much fun. While I love having family so nearby, I am a little jealous we don't get to take fun trips to cool places to visit people we love!

Familia Bethers said...

Love all the pictures. Sounds like you all had a great time. Especially your time alone ... (yes I got that far too, but the real question is, how far did you get???) JK!

dallin+michelle said...

too bad there wasn't a redhot heart shaped hottub... i know what happens in there! i'm guessing you had a "good" time ;)