Thursday, July 17, 2008

Upcoming Movies

You'll need QuickTime to watch the trailers from the Apple website.

Flash of Genius

007: Quantum of Solace

The Day the Earth Stood Still

This one's been out for some time, but wasn't widely released. I can't wait to see it:
The Visitor
---------------------------------------------
Movie review: HELLBOY II

"Krauss" is just one of the intriguing, funny and spooky characters. He's a by the books German ectoplasmic dude and you know we all love that kind of guy!

I just saw Hellboy II with my dad and Adam (my brother-in-law) and I must say it's a really entertaining movie. I won't give it the full treatment like I did Kung Fu Panda, but suffice to say that a lot of people who love action/comedy will miss out on this one because I think the title and the wackiness of the characters turns people off. It's better than the first one and although it functions best as an action, comic book movie, it has some very compelling themes about spirituality and morality running just under the surface. Del Toro is a fabulous film maker and it's interesting the way he went from the rather serious fable that is "Il Labirinto del Fauno" to Hellboy II so seamlessly. Fans of "Il Labrinto" will see the same unique artistic flair in HBII. My final grade: B for the average person, A+ for fans of super hero movies that are just campy enough to not take themsleves too seriously but cool enough to keep you interested. I should add that this movie moves at a break neck speed and the action never lets up. Oh, and the CGI is top notch.

1 comment:

Ned Broberg said...

I'm glad you gave it a good review. I have more reason to see it now.