Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One Hundred Push Ups Takes You from Zero to a Hundred in Six Weeks

one-hundred-push-ups.pngThere's a web site called One Hundred Push Ups which details a training plan for going from 0 to 100 push-ups in a matter of six weeks. In addition to my new healthy diet and riding the bike, I'm going to do this. I've been doing push ups at home for the last year or so as a way to exercise at home. Carter and Claire always make it interesting since one, or both, usually attempt to sit on my back or kick me in the head.

I also asked Sarah to get me the perfect push up but I don't know how that will work with this program since I know it comes with its own little program you're supposed to follow. Anyway, One Hundred Push Ups takes a graduated approach to 100, with a very detailed plan and several levels depending on your fitness going into it. It's sort of like the Couch to 5k but for your muscles.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in doing this, I'd like to hear how it goes for you. I don't know why this is becoming a fitness blog but it seems that way eh?

Oh, and if you got this far in the post, Sarah and I are proud to announce that we finally replaced the nastiness that was the carpet in our house. We moved in yesterday and I remember saying, "This carpet's gotta go like yesterday!" and then, of course, three years later we replaced it. We went with a lighter color than we had anticipated, sort of a creamy beige, but it's got all those little speckles so it won't show wear any time soon. Come by and frolick on it, just take of your clod hoppers first. The house still smells like a carpet store. I also need to write about the little expereince Carter had with David, the homeless carpet guy that he met (sounds strange, but it's quite toucing actually). Oh snap! I'm supposed to be working on my research project...dang internets!

1 comment:

The Ward Family said...

It always feels like a new home with new carpet . . .