Monday, May 5, 2008

Claire's first word!



Claire recently spoke her first word: "Carter." It sounds more like "tartar," however. It happened last week; I think it was Friday...Sarah knows the exact moment I'm sure. She actually said it on Thursday I believe, but Sarah wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence but, when she repeated it the next day a number of times as she pointed at Carter, we knew it was the "real deal." We've always thought Carter is a sharp little guy, but Claire is speaking a good three months before Carter uttered his first word which was "hot" (he'd touched the oven a few times the week before he said that). I guess girls are smarter than boys!

I also think Claire said "Dadda" today quite a few times when she saw me after work, so we'll see if she repeats that in the next few days. Language, and the human mind, are truly amazing and it's breathtaking at times to watch children learn and grow.

We hope you all have a great Monday!

6 comments:

aprilaleman said...

I love that pretty baby!

c said...

Yup, I too believe Claire has sealed the deal on the battle of the sexes. :) So fun when they start jabbering!

Jenn said...

What a little show off! WTG Claire!!

Jesica Eastman said...

That is classic! Of course girls are smarter than boys.

The Ward Family said...

She is so cute! It is amazing and wonderful watching these little ones learn and grow!

Holly Moore said...

That's awesome! Obviously Carter's been putting in some "Say Carter" time. Way to sneak it on the down low, Tarter!