Friday, July 3, 2009

Thank you from a husband...

...I haven't been a very prolific poster lately, but I still love ye olde Todd Blogge. This is just a quicky, I want to say thank you to everyone, friends and family alike, who helped make Sarah's birthday so wonderful. In fact, this morning her dad, Jeff, took her out on a daddy-daughter shopping date (his present to her) and right now she's gone with a few girlfriends for ice cream. Hey, where were all my friends on my last birthday (which was my thirtieth?)...oh yeah, guys don't even know their friends' birthdays and if they're like me, they remember and still forget to call.

So, we're gearing up for Yosemite both literally and figuratively. Indeed, Sarah now has a nice bicicletta and she got a bike trailer for Claire (with both kids it's pretty heavy if there are any hills) and I just borrowed a little third wheel hitch with a seat, handle bars, pedal, etc. for Carter like this so he can ride with me (he actually likes to go faster than his mom at the ripe age of 4..ha!!):
We're so excited to be up there for nearly a week and then it's back to work for me on JUly 13th. We hope you all have an fun and/or relaxing holiday and that you stay cool...and once again, I mean that both literally and figuratively. (;


Sarah's bicicletta:
Bike trailer:
Thanks to everyone in the fam who helped pitch in to make this birthday so special for Sarah and for all of us since we can now bike together!

One last gift for Sari...on July 6th she'll see Yosemite Valley and a giant redwood tree for the first time:


Half-dome:




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so excited for your trip. Yosemite is awesome. I can't wait to see your pictures and hear about how much you loved it. Happy be-lated birthday Sarah!

c said...

Have a great getaway!!! And happy belated bday sarah!

Christine said...

Enjoy your trip! Looks like it will be beautiful!