Monday, April 6, 2009

San Bernardino County Museum

Before we head to the La Brea Tar Pits tomorrow, I had to post about our last museum adventure. I love having a preschool aged child. Although most days I do get tired of answering his "why" questions, it does warm my heart to hear Carter say he is going to be a scientist when he grows up because he likes to ask why so much:) Combine having a preschooler with my inability to sit still, I have been planning some fun adventures for us and our friends. We met at the San Bernardino County Museum in February with some of our friends. I tried a Picassa collage for the first time to give you an overall idea of what we did:

We saw mammals, insects, birds (all dead, of course), and an interesting exhibit about the natural disasters that have occurred in the area. There is also an exhibit about the pioneers who settled the area.

The kids liked all the animals in the museum, and enjoyed the hands on area too where we saw spiders & all sorts of creeping things and got to touch snakes & rabbits. Carter, however, has his mother's overactive olfactory gland and thought it had an "icky smell":


We all brought our lunches and had a great time eating lunch outside. It was the perfect weather that day! Claire has inherited her mother's love of peanut butter:

(In fact, she lately has been eating the peanut butter out of/off anything I put it on and leaving the bread/celery/cracker uneaten).

We had a great day--thank you Amber, Sheri, Sarah, Carole, Shonda & Carly for joining us!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh looks SO fun! I am still so sad that Ella is so sick and will miss out today on the LaBrea Tar Pits. I will have to take her to the museum soon since its closer.

The Ward Family said...

Fun! I'll have to go there. I've only been to the La Habra's children museum and it was pretty interesting. It's for children but I think I liked it more then Jocelynn :)