Saturday, April 11, 2009

Claire and Her "Dollie"


On Wednesday this week, Claire became attached to a doll for the first time.  She has slept with stuffed animals before, but never carried anything around.  She was quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen as she cuddled her baby "Dollie" all day, wanted the doll wrapped in a "blankie", laughed it as we drove around in the car and was so gentle and nurturing to it in her own little way.  It is amazing to see the innate mothering come out in my 21 month old daughter.  She is so different than Carter and it is so fun to watch.  I snapped this photo when I had to wake her up to leave for work and meet Danny on Thursday.  It was so sweet I couldn't resist!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That is very sweet!

Familia Bethers said...

Sweet picture! She's a cutie for sure!

Sam and Janiece said...

Ahhh...she's so cute. I can't believe how fast kids grow up...Beckett is almost 18 months!

Christine said...

I think the innate personality traits of boys vs. girls is fascinating.

How is it you have a pile of toys and without any direction the boys are going after the balls and the girls are grabbing the dolls.

The Ward Family said...

That is so sweet!! She looks like she gave the doll a kiss goodnight and fell asleep while she was doing that!