Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Claire and Her Daddy, the Human Harmonica


That could refer to the way Claire gets away with a lot since she has such a cute little face and bright blue eyes, but it's literally true: Claire tried to play me like a harmonica and it still makes me laugh to think about what must have gone through her little mind moments before she made the attempt.

When we arrived at Chris and Amber's the other night to retrieve the kids after taking Sarah's grandparents out to eat, we found Claire with a harmonica.  She was running around and blowing air into it giddily. I apprehended her and removed the saliva covered free reed wind instrument and handed it over to Amber who, I might add, was not afraid of the spit thanks to her status as a Super Mom.

Claire then turned to me, reached out with both hands, grabbed the back of my head and moved in for what I thought was going to be a huge kiss.  Instead, she opened her mouth and blew directly into mine all the while moving my head from side-to-side.  I think she fully expected to be able to play me! If I hadn't just witnessed her playing the harmonica in the same way, I might not have caught on to the fact that she was testing me out to see if I'd make a funny musical sound.  I think I did actually!

I love Claire!

5 comments:

The Ward Family said...

That was hilarious! Kids do the cutest things! She is so fun.

Annette Tanner said...

Sarah, I tagged you on my blog... check it out.
Dan, this is too funny. Kids are great (most of the time)!

Christine said...

So cute! My kids love to hear the things they did when they were young. So now it's documented for all time:o)

Anupa Harvey said...

Hilarious! That's so adorable!

Christine said...

that sounds like one of thee most dreamiest kisses, you have such a great way of bringing those fun moments back to life to share with the rest of us!