Monday, March 9, 2009

Todd Family Trip to Sea World December 2008

Once more we take a trip to the backlog as we try to keep up with older photos. I imagine Sarah may very well go in to the settings after a few weeks and change the date to this post to better situate it in terms of chronology.

Anyway, we spent a lovely, overcast day at SeaWorld in December with just the four of us. I suppose I say that because we often take day trips with family or friends. We didn't stay long, perhaps three hours or so. Claire lost her shoes early on so we improvised and played gloves over her feet. We enjoyed the brief stay and we have photographic evidence to prove it!

Oh, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the whole reason we went: Amy gave us passes to get in which her Dad received from work but ended up not being able to use. Thanks again Amy!






Carter's love affair with milk continues unabated:





I think people actually thought these were SeaWorld approved finlike socks or something. Either way,
it was fun to watch people gawk when they noticed:

From December 2008 SEA WORLD
Claire let the dog's out:
This dog is fast:

But I think the pig is the winner:



The lighting was poor in this photo so I manipulated it and now it's "artsyish," to use the proper term:

Claire attacked a penguin at one point but the thick hide of the
animal protected it
from receiving any serious injury:




I stepped in and resolved a minor technical issue with their 1986 Apple computer mainframe:

"Claire, those are mammals...M-A-M-M-A-L-S...and they're large and white, like Daddy..."


Ahhh...the easy life!
He's huge!:




One of the crown jewels of the park...and I personally find them much more stunning up close in
this viewing area than at the show they put on (we missed it due to the fact that we didn't want to
fight the crowds that particular day nor wrestle with the restless Claire up in the stands. Watching
them here, however, was majestic and serene.





2 comments:

Christine said...

Love the Seaworld pictures. Brings back memories of our trips there. My favorite has to be the glove shoes. Great idea:) I'm suprised she kept them on though.

Familia Bethers said...

You guys are awesome parents and you have a BEAUTIFUL family! LOVED the photos and video's, especially the one's of Claire's feet!