Thursday, June 14, 2012

Amy's Farm

Friends in our ward and I put together a summer "adventure" group with outings near and far. On a Thursday in June, we went to Amy's Farm in Chino. We were fortunate to have Ryan join us and April, Wes and Peyton meet us there.  It is a live working farm that I heard tons of good things about and I was thrilled with how it turned out. "Farmer" Cami gave us a tour of the place and was quite energetic and fun. First the kids received instructions.
William and Hannah
Ryan, Carter and Shayla 


The garden was huge and the kids were able to smell various plants.  I dislike fennel--I think it tastes like black licorice--and the scent of licorice was very strong!

The boys tasting chard


Sweet Ryan by the chicken coops--the kids took their chard to feed a pig, chickens or goats

Brushing a miniature horse that really didn't like it...William was standing outside of his cage and the horse swung his head and knocked William over!  I don't blame the horse though, I really wouldn't want to be brushed by lots of little kids:)
Cute cousins
Feeding the pig
Ryan milking a cow
Claire milking a cow
Love them both!
In the e.coli infested petting zoo, don't worry we used lots of hand sanitizer!
Claire serious at work
Checking out the horse
A lot of the cute kiddos line up and ready to meet the cow

It was a great day and I would highly recommend visiting the farm if you have never been!

**These photos are all from my phone and I did most of the post on it as well but now that I've tried to finalize it, I am having formatting issues which is why the photos aren't in perfect order and there aren't captions on all of them.

2 comments:

Annette Todd said...

Oh, how I love these grandkids...great post. It looks like it was a very fun day there at the farm. By the way, I've got a big vegetable garden anybody can come over and help me weed & harvest anytime they want a Nana's Farm experience....seriously!

The Ward Family said...

Thanks for this post! Jocelynn was just asking about feeding a cow! Never heard of it but we will have to go!