Monday, May 23, 2011

Just another Manic Monday

I finally printed 2008's blog book and it has inspired me to get back to blogging. As I drove around today, I thought I should document what a "day in the life of" is for me right now. I know it will be too soon that the kids will be gone and all I do in a day is go to work, or read, work around the house, go shopping, etc (that sounds really nice;)).

-Awoke to the alarm clock at 6:15
-Read the scriptures
-Ran 4.8 miles
-Made breakfast and lunches, kissed Danny and Carter good-bye (it is always so nice when Danny can take him to school)
-Cleaned the kitchen
-Used Amber's carpet cleaner to clean the floor in Claire's room that she urninated on recently (that's a whole different post), cleaned the rugs and sectional
-Put Will down for a nap, showered and got dressed
-Went to leave and found a dead battery in the van
-Called Shonda who was watching my kids so I could volunteer in Carter's class
-Went to the neighbors for help and called Shonda again so she could come jump the van and pick up my kids (thanks again!)
-Got van started, kids left, volunteered in Carter's class
-Picked up kids, got gas
-Came home, made lunch, got box in mail of slipcovers, threw slipcovers on the recently purchased DI couch and loveseat ($90!)
-Picked up Carter from school
-Came home, April & Wes (who happened to be off work sick today) came over to watch all the kids so I could go to the orthodontist
-Got my braces off!
My orthodontist and I in my "after" picture

-Came home and got to relax and visit with April and Wes while kids played
-Made dinner and cookies for work potluck tomorrow
-Ate dinner
-Had family night--a lesson on the warmth the Spirit brings (evidenced by a warm towel) versus no spirit (sandpaper in the freezer) [an idea I got from this book I just finished reading] and activity of planting our spring garden and trimming some overgrown palms
-Baths for kiddos
-Bedtime routine (milk, brush teeth, scripture story, prayer, more stories in bed)
-Sing the Hallelujah Chorus
-Clean the kitchen again
-Ordered a laptop power cord for a greater ease of future blog posts
-Decompress with my sweet hubby
-Blog post
-soon enough--bed!

It is a manic life with little ones but it is oh, so worth it. There are four people who I get up each morning willing to endure mania for and I am so grateful they are mine!!


Pictures from Easter Sunday

I also have to add how grateful I felt today for my husband's great job with excellent benefits as braces are not cheap but I am so glad I was able to get them!
I heart DT:)





6 comments:

Christine said...

Wow Sarah what a day! How had me at your run (impressive!) and then it kept going. What a superwoman! Nice to have blogs to help you remember those times when "I did all that?" Way to go!

Deanna said...

Yay! So good to see a post from you Sarah. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. You are an example to me to get up before the kids do to exercise and study the scriptures. Your children are truly blessed to have such a dedicated mother. Did you do your blog book through Blurb? That's on my to-do list too.

Heidi said...

Wow that is a MANIC MONDAY, you are AMAZING! You do so so SO much and are an example to me. Glad your back to blogging. I am working on printing my book too.

Amber Barney said...

BRACES OFF, eh? How exciting? And I love the day to day organized madness of motherhodd.

Anna White said...

You're pretty awesome!! I love your pretty teeth too. Yay for getting through another day!

Moore Family said...

I remember those days. Sometimes I even miss it. Just a little. Nice straight white teeth. Congrats.