Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Maternity Photo Shoot

As Danny last posted, we are still alive and growing larger by the minute it seems;) We are 10 days away from this little one's due date but I am not getting my hopes up that he will arrive then. A good friend of ours, who happens to be a fabulous photographer, Ana, approached me about doing some maternity photos with her. I told her that I would not have thought of it myself but for her I was happy to oblige. It turned out more fun than I could have imagined and I am really glad to have some photos of me in full bloom.

Ana asked me what was different this pregnancy for me. I had to think about it for a while but realized that this time I definitely feel like a woman. When I was expecting Carter I was only 23 and a recent college grad, now I am an experienced mother who is getting close to 30! So my outfit I chose to wear was something I felt feminine and womanly in. As for food preferences I told Ana that I crave bread. There is no question I get my 8 servings of grains a day, I do prefer whole grains but any grain makes me happy:) So, creative Ana came up with this "bread inspired" photo shoot. She set up an appointment for me at the MAC makeup counter in the mall (very fun to be pampered and I got some great new makeup as a third trimester gift to myself). I made an appointment with my friend and hairdresser extraordinaire, Katrina, and below is the result of a whole lot of professionals pampering me:) After hair and makeup, we stopped at Panera Bread so I could ogle delicious delicatessens and buys a half dozen bagels for our breakfast the next morning and then went to Ana's place where she used a green screen to get the last two shots posted. I should add that Ana added eyelashes which is why my eyes are actually visible when I am smiling:) It was a great afternoon and I definitely felt beautiful so thanks to all involved!



12 comments:

aprilaleman said...

You really do look gorgeous in these!

Nicki said...

By far, these are the greatest maternity pictures I've ever seen! You look gorgeous and they are just so much fun! I was so surprised to learn that Ana used a green screen- brilliant! Good luck on your last lap of being great-with-child!

The Ward Family said...

I LOVE these pictures of u!! You look beautiful!

Deanna said...

Awesome! You look gorgeous! I love the bread inspired theme. What a creative photographer. I actually can't stand to eat regular sliced sandwich bread in the first trimester.

Heidi said...

AGAIN...you look HOT! They are so cute and that lost shot you just look gorgeous! Love you MAMA! Dont have the baby this week for my sake please...we wont have any way of knowing while we are on the cruise.

Paul/Heather said...

I want to be that HOT when I grow up!

Love you and Good luck with lucky #3.

Amber said...

Love the cupcake one! And you are one hot mama

Anupa Harvey said...

My favorite is the last one--those eyelashes are amazing! ;)

Christine said...

Nice! Love the pictures. I think I need to head over to the mac counter... :)

Sam and Janiece said...

Oh how cute....I love maternity pics! You look so beautiful by the way and congrads on your almost baby boy; :)

Jennifer said...

Holy eye lashes Sara!

Loribeth said...

You look gorgeous! YOu have to get these printed.

Whenever you feel a lil frumpy - you know we women have those days - you just have to look at these pictures and say, "I LOOK GOOD! And that's 9 months pregnant!"